Jon Breaux is the Clinical Director at Genesis Behavioral Health Services. Jon has maintained a practice focused on helping and supporting young people, adults, and families with challenges such as depression, anxiety, substance use, self-harm, trauma, and relationship difficulties. He has extensive experience working with diverse populations and has trained in both clinical mental health and substance use facilities.
Jon uses a broad and flexible helping approach which includes both psychotherapy and client advocacy practices. He has received clinical training in treatment models including: psychodynamic and interpersonal therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, motivational interviewing, and Systems-Centered® therapy. He has experience facilitating process, social skills, and educational groups using a variety of treatment modalities. Jon provides individual, family, and group therapy to adolescents and adults.
Education and Credentials
- Louisiana State University, BA Anthropology
- Louisiana State University, Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Louisiana State University, Clinical Social Work Internship
- State of Louisiana, Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Systems-Centered Training and Research Institute, Ongoing training in Systems-Centered group therapy
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Member
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA), Member
- Systems-Centered® Training and Research Institute (SCTRI), Member
Phone: (225) 800-2629